Are you new to Bout of Books? Here's the official blurb:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I pledged to read 50 books this year on my Goodreads Challenge and I have completed 28/50. This means I need to read 4.4 books a month (including August) to hit my goal. I picked 11 books from my TBR to pull from this week and my goal is to read 6 of these books. I've broken them down into categories:
- Devil in the White City by Erik Larsson
- I Can Barely Take Care of Myself by Jen Kirkman
- Locke and Key Volume 1 by Joe Hill
- The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (this is four graphic novel volumes)
- Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead (currently reading)
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (released on 8/14!)
- The Magician King by Lev Grossman (and if I like it, and I feel inclined, I will also purchase the third book in this trilogy that was just released a few weeks ago and read that too. It's called The Magician Land).
- Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (currently reading)
- Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
So, are you participating in Bout of Books 11.0? Leave a comment! I would love to read your TBR & Goal lists.