Monday, February 2, 2015

January Wrap Up

So, January is over.  FINALLY.  I was sick for the entire month, first with a viral infection and then with an upper respiratory infection.  I am so happy to see the sickness & snow behind me for the month! Despite being ill (or maybe because of it?) I was able to read five books in January which puts me at 17% of my 2015 Goodreads goal.

I read...
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters (mini review)
Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina
Drown by Junot Diaz

I listened to...
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach (did not finish halfway through)


...for a total of 990 pages read and 11.25 hours listened!

I have plans to write a review for Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass but I am still rolling my thoughts around inside my brain, and I plan on doing a Junot Diaz overview once I finish his other two books.

I am still plowing through St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell, which I will definitely finish this week as I only have 50 pages left; and Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, which I have made no progress on in over a week.  These will be the first two books I finish in February.

Historically, February is my best reading month of the year.  I find it strange that I read the most in the shortest month, because I don't know where I get the time but I am looking forward to it.  In the spirit Valentine's Day, I love to read YA-Romance books (such as Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins) but I don't have any on my queue yet for the month.  Since I am revisting Harry Potter this year, I may make February my re-read month and go back to all of Stephanie Perkins' books.




No comments:

Post a Comment