Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Wrap Up & Update

Well hello! It's been a few weeks - oops! I got married last Saturday (9/21) so the weeks leading up to the wedding were full of last minute appointments followed by my honeymoon to Disney World & Universal Studios.

I was only able to finish four books this month (I think that's my yearly low):

  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (review)
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (review)
  • The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (review forthcoming!)
  • The Witches by Roald Dahl (review)

I am currently 60% through The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and I plan on finishing prior to October 14, as part of the read along with The Estella Society.  I am also still powering through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and I have about 1/2 of the book left.

For my yearly Goodreads Challenge, I have read 64 of 80 books (original goal 60 books) and I am 5 books ahead of schedule.  With four months left of the year I am sure I can read four books per month to meet that goal.

I also happened to purchase, ahem, TWENTY ONE books this month! Which is insane and too many to list here, but I am looking forward to reading them.  They should provide excellent material for Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon taking place on October 12!


So tell me, what have you read this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment