Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Reads & Dog Days of Summer TBR

Today is my last day of work before heading into a three day weekend and it’s also the kickoff of the Dog Days of Summer Readathon hosted by Andi and Heather at Estella Society!  That means, the next three days are going to be a good time.

I have just a few chapters left of In the Woods by Tana French which I am loving in a way that I did not expect.  I was hoping for a good detective novel to bust me out of a mini reading slump.  Instead, I got a can’t-put-it-down, reading during my lunch break book with great characters, a thrilling murder mystery and fabulous writing.  It’s been a real struggle to prioritize my work/sleep needs with my desire to push through to the end in one sitting, so this is my #1 priority as soon as I get home from work tonight.

I also picked up the audio of Wildwood by Colin Meloy from Overdrive and started that for my commute (about 2 hours per day) which I expect to finish over the next week and a half or so.
A few other books I’ve been thinking about for this weekend are Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff (first hold at the library, whoop!) and Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.  With Slade House coming out next month, I need to pick up the pace on Cloud Atlas and The Bone Clocks as all three books take place in the same universe.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment