Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Happy Labor Day, everyone! Rather than enjoying the last warm days of summer, I am holed up in my apartment because of the torrential thunderstorms forecasted for the rest of today.  I'm not going to complain too much however because it's perfect reading weather,  There are a lot of good things going on this month.. RIPVIII, The Historian Read a long and Classics Club Spin #3 are all in full swing!



I'm currently reading...
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.  This book was picked from my Classics Club Spin #3 list.  I will finish and post a review by Oct. 1

I'm currently listening to...
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  This is the first book I will review for RIPVIII and while it is enchanting, and wonderfully written, I'm starting to get bored.  I think this has more to do with listening to the book on audio (which will take about 14 hours) rather than reading the physical text (which I would have finished in one night).  A good experience however because the narrator's voice adds a lot to the atmosphere the writing in the book creates.

The last book I finished was...
Nothing yet.  I've put down The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel and The Essence (Pledge #2) by Kimberly Derting.  I am not feeling either of those books right now.


It's Monday! What are you reading? Is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment