Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Happy Monday, everyone! Only four more days until the weekend!

I've set a pretty high goal for myself this week .. I would like to finish a book.  I know, this seems like an easy to accomplish one, huh? But based on my track record for September so far I am lagging behind on the reading.  Last week, I finished The Witches by Roald Dahl and did not do much else.


I am currently on page 128/362 of Wuthering Heights so my goal is to finish this book by Friday.  That's only about 60 pages per night so hopefully I will reach that goal and post a review for RIPVIII.  It's a surprisingly enjoyable book, and I have enjoyed reading it at a slower pace so I can immerse myself in the time period and language but it's been going on for quite enough time and I would like to find out what happens and put this one to rest.

I've also started reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente and I am loving it so far.  It's a nice change of pace to break up the desperation that is Wuthering Heights.

Other than these two novels I don't have plans on picking anything up until the end of September. I will be vacationing in Disney world all next week so I am unsure of how much time I will have to read.  As for The Historian read-a-long I signed up for in August.. well, hopefully the first two weeks of October will remain open so I can finish it up then. :)

It's Monday! What are you reading? Is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment