Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dog Days of Summer & Bout of Books 8.0 - Read-a-thon Madness

Hello all! 

I will be participating in two read-a-thons over the next few days: Dog Days of Summer hosted by The Estella Society and Bout of Books 8.0 hosted by Bout of Books!
I've never participating in a read-a-thon before so this should be interesting and fun.  I'm looking forward to reading a ton of great books, relive some characters I knew when I was younger and 

I discovered the Dog Days of Summer Read-a-thon through Andi @ Estella's Revenge.  It takes place this weekend, August 17-18 and the theme is nostalgia.  I've decided to dig deep and pull out some of my favorite books from when I was a tween/teen.  Here is what I have planned to re-read so far:

  • Meet Molly, An American Girl by Valerie Tripp (I will read all 6 books in the set if I can find them!)
  • The Babysitters Club: Dawn and the Impossible Three (#5) by Anne M. Martin
  • The Babysitters Club: Little Miss Stoneybrook... and Dawn (#15) by Anne M. Martin 
  • Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
  • Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty
  • Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty
  • Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
The Dog Days of Summer Read-a-thon directly precedes Bout of Books 8.0 so I am going to extend the 'nostalgia' theme. 

Here are the YA series I plan on starting, finishing, or catching up on:
  • Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty
  • Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • Champion by Marie Lu
  • Legend by Marie Lu

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team




1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad you're joining us, and you have some good books lined up. :)

    ReplyDelete