Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall 2013 Anticipated Reads

The next few months hold some of the most exciting book releases (in my opinion) since I was eagerly awaiting the next tome of Harry Potter in my teenage years.

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
The sequel to The Shining, finally! I have been a fan of Stephen King for about 10 years but I hadn't read The Shining until a few months ago despite seeing the movie several times.  After reading Joyland and a few of King's other novels that stray from his original horror genre I can't wait to see where he takes Danny Torrence.
Release date is September 24, 2013 by Scribner.

How the World Became Quiet: Myths of the Present, Past, and Future by Rachel Swirsky
I discovered this novel through Publisher Weekly's list of big upcoming releases for Fall 2013.  It is a book of short stories about humanity and life.
Release date is September 30, 2013 by Subterranean.

The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
When Gilbert first published her memoir Eat, Pray, Love, its' readers fell into two camps: love or hate.  I happened to absolutely love Eat, Pray, Love, and have reread it several times.   Once I found out she was writing a fiction novel I added it to my TBR list immediately.
Release date is October 1, 2013 by Viking Adult.



What are you looking forward to reading this this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment