Friday, August 16, 2013

The Classics Spin #3

Here we go! I made a commitment to the Classics Club in this post and now I'm going to let them select which book I will read first by participating in the Classics Spin #3.

Here is my list of 20 books:

  1. Emma - Jane Austen
  2. Island - Aldous Huxley
  3. Life of Pi - Yann Martell
  4. Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
  5. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
  6. Revolutionary Road - Richard Yates
  7. House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski
  8. Mythology - Edith Hamilton
  9. A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving
  10. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  11. Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
  12. The Day of the Triffids - John Wyndham
  13. If I Die in a Combat Zone - Tim O'Brien
  14. The Collected Stories - Edgar Allen Poe
  15. Julius Caesar - William Shakespeare
  16. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
  17. Beloved - Toni Morrison
  18. Sula - Toni Morrison
  19. 1984 - George Orwell
  20. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
Now here's the thing: I own all of these books.  Some have been sitting on my shelf for YEARS and I've been dreading them or putting them off for too long.  It will be quite interesting to see what number gets chosen.  Check back on Monday to see what book I will be reading by Oct. 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment