Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Autumn Book Tag

This tag has been circulating throughout the Booktube and Blogging communities for a few weeks now so I had to jump on the bandwagon.  I love Autumn!

1. What is your favorite thing about autumn?
The leaves! I love the smell, sound, touch and look of falling leaves, especially when they get crunchy on the sidewalk.

2. What book reminds you of school?
Well, the Harry Potter books always remind me of returning to school because they primarily are set at Hogwarts (not a September 1 goes by that I don't wish I was on the Hogwarts Express...). Otherwise I would have to say Hatchet and Dogsong by Gary Paulsen.  I have very distinct memories of reading these books in the 5th grade and I always go back to that time period when I think of them.

3. What is one of your favorite autumn-related book covers?
Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson.  Admittedly it is a children's book specifically for the Halloween season BUT I still love it.

4. What is your favorite horror or Halloween story?
HOCUS POCUS! (The movie). I know it's not a classic tale, but 90s kids have a special bond to this movie.  It terrified me until I was about 16.. and then I got over it.  I watch it every Halloween for nostalgia, and because it's hilarious.

5. What are some of your favorite horror films?
Horror films? No thank you. I have watched the classics over the years (Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Carrie, The Exorcist just to name a few) but straight horror movies are not my thing. My favorite psychological thriller is Identity, with John Cusack.

6. What is a book release you're looking forward to this autumn?
The main book I was looking forward to was Doctor Sleep, which released on September 24 and I finished yesterday. It was amazing! Apart from that, I am really looking forward to The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert of Eat, Pray, Love fame.

7. What is a film release you're looking forward to this autumn?
Catching Fire! I will not be swarming the theater for the midnight release but I cannot wait to watch the second installment of the Hunger Games trilogy.

8. What are three books you want to read this autumn?
My full fall TBR post was put up at the beginning of September (read it here!).  I am still only half way through Wuthering Heights and I really want to finish it soon.  I also can't wait to read The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters and Night Film by Marisha Pessl.

I hope you enjoyed that. I tag Sam at Ellipsis Comma Dash to do this tag - and YOU, if you are reading this and haven't done it yet. Please leave a comment with a link to your post if you do the tag. I would love to read your answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment