It’s that time of year again! I have heard about Dewey’s readathon for about 2 years now, but this is the first time I will be participating and I can’t wait! There is still time to sign up at http://24hourreadathon.com if you want to participate.
This is my first readathon and I have been reading all of the guest posts as the official blog to make sure I am prepared for anything that might come my way. I’m going to shower and head to bed early on Friday night so I am fully prepared for an early wake up call and kick off reading event around 8 AM the next morning.
I don’t have high aspirations for this challenge, but I would like to read through at least one book (even if it’s a children’s book!). I plan on taking mini breaks throughout the day for naps, kitty play time and to watch a few episodes of The Real Housewives of Vancouver on Youtube (I am loving this show!).
I have quite the list of books on deck for this readathon so I’ve written down all of their names and have created a “Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon” book jar to randomly pull the books I’m going to read. Here are the books going into the book jar:
- Yayas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells
- Forever Amber Brown by Paula Danziger
- Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- How to Talk to Girls at Parties (short story) by Neil Gaiman
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
- The Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe
- Here Lies the Librarian by Richard Peck
- The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
- Maggie Now by Betty Smith
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman (I’m sensing a theme now..)
- The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent
- Discworld by Terry Pratchett
I also have Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron which is an anthology of Halloween short stories to break up any monotony I experience in the books.
I will pull the first book on Friday night while I’m preparing for the readathon and update bright and early on Saturday morning with a kickoff post. I also would love to post mini reviews of the books as I finish them throughout the day but I can’t guarantee there will be time for all of that. I will definitely be following up with a first timer’s reaction post and wrap up on Sunday afternoon.
So everyone – start resting up now for the readathon!! You can follow me on twitter and instagram @keepingheather for more frequent updates. Happy reading!